ABC Columbia (WOLO-TV) offers internships to college juniors and seniors who will be receiving academic credit for their work.
Interested students should fill out the application below AND also submit a cover letter, resume, and a class schedule to:
5807 Shakespeare Road, Columbia, SC 29223
Terms: ABC Columbia accepts applications for FALL, SPRING and SUMMER Internships.
Internships are granted in exchange for academic credit as determined by the participating college/university.
1. You must be a junior or senior at an accredited College/University.
2. You must be doing the internship for course credit.
3. You must supply information to us from your course advisor stating you will receive credit.
ABC Columbia will take applications at any time of year.
There are limited spots for each of the Internship sessions.
Newsroom Intern Duties
Although the knowledge and experience gained by each intern will be different, there are certain tasks each intern must fulfill if they are accepted to the internship program.
1. Story leads and follow ups: Because many story ideas begin with incoming calls, certain information should be gained if you answer our phones. Interns are to check with the producer and find out how to properly answer the phone.
2. Interns must gain hands on knowledge of our newsroom computer system.
3. Writing: Interns must write sample stories and submit them to producers.
4. Editing: Interns must learn the basic skills of editing.
Please see below for the Internship application.