Weekend Guide: St. Pat’s in Five Points
Don't press your luck! We're helping you plan your Saturday in Five Points for the "Midlands' premiere event."
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) — Let’s hope the luck of the Irish will help hold off the rain expected this weekend for one of the largest parties in the South.
The annual St. Pat’s in Five Points kicks off Saturday morning. Set up for the big day of festivities was in full swing Friday.
Organizers say they’ll be ready to show attendees a good Irish time.
If you’re heading to Five Points on Saturday, here’s the schedule of events:
- 7:30 am – Get to the Green 10K / 5K / Family Fun 1-Miler
- 9 am – Gates open
- 10 am – Parade on Devine Street
- 10 am – Pot O’ Gold Playland opens
- Noon – 7pm – Live music on 4 stages featuring local, regional and national acts
- 2 pm – 6 pm – Silent Disco on Santee
- 7 pm – Festival concludes
Keep in mind parking is limited. However, there will be complimentary shuttle services from the Capital City Stadium, Lincoln garage and Hand Middle School in Shandon.
Shuttles run approximately every 20 minutes. Drop-off is at the festival gates.
Officials remind you parking in surrounding neighborhoods is prohibited.
Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the gate. For more information on purchasing tickets, schedule of events, and a list of the live bands click here.